Mission, Vision, Core Values
The mission of the EAA is to Manage, Enhance and Protect the Edwards Aquifer.
The Edwards Aquifer Authority is a regional water management agency that regulates with integrity, transparency, respect, and commitment to sustainability of the aquifer.
The core values of the EAA are aspirational statements of how the people that comprise the agency view themselves and their role within the mission and vision of the organization. These core values, identified by staff through a deliberative and shared process, speak to standards of self-imposed accountability and expectation in attitude and conduct, which are to be demonstrated in the EAA’s daily work. They are not descriptions of the work itself or the strategies employed to accomplish the overall mission, but they serve as foundational guideposts for how the EAA will go about accomplishing its work. The EAA core values underlie the agency’s work, setting ideals of how staff will interact with each other, with customers and stakeholders and with the diverse communities that their work touches every day.
- Respect — Respect is to regard another or to be regarded with deference, esteem, and dignity. We respect all our stakeholders, external and internal customers, treating them the way we would want to be treated, recognizing that actions express values.
- Collaboration — Collaboration means working together and communicating to ensure information is shared equally throughout the organization and the community we serve.
- Integrity — Integrity is the adherence to a code or standard of values. Integrity is what we do, what we say and what we say we do.
- Stewardship — Through our core value of stewardship, the EAA manages, enhances, protects, and studies the Edwards Aquifer system to ensure the long‐term sustainability of the resource for our communities and the environment.
- Professionalism — Professionalism means having an interest in and a desire to do a job well, showing competence, skill and a positive attitude towards both the profession and the workplace.
- Science — Science is the fundamental tool used to understand the natural systems of the Edwards Aquifer and is the cornerstone of all our efforts. Sound scientific principles and practices provide a foundation for management strategies.